Looking to steal someone’s heart this Valentine’s Day? The way to
a man’s anyone’s heart is through their stomach, it’s just a fact. That’s why we’ve teamed up with Couture Cakes of Greenville to bring you the recipe for Maple Whiskey and Bacon Cupcakes. Yes, they’re as amazing as they sound. It’s really hard to go wrong with any combination of Whiskey Girl and baked goods, but these cupcakes are exceptionally delicious. Here’s how it’s done:
Maple Whiskey & Bacon Cupcakes
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1/4 cup butter
- 4 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 4 tablespoons of Whiskey Girl Apple + Maple
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon maple flavored extract
Cream together the cheese and butter. Stir in the confectioner’s sugar and flavorings. Mix well.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon maple flavored extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup Whiskey Girl Apple + Maple
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Place cupcake liners in each cupcake pan.
- Cream the butter or margarine, add the sugar, and continue creaming until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time. Stir in the maple flavoring and whiskey.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, and salt. Add the flour mixture in 3 parts alternately with the milk to the butter mixture, beginning and ending with flour. Pour into the prepared liners, 2/3 full.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cake cool then frost with Maple Whiskey Icing.
About Couture Cakes of Greenville
Couture Cakes of Greenville offers over 20 flavors of cakes, seasonal fillings, and icings, plus an assortment of cupcakes, cookies and macaroons available in their case daily. Susan McMakin and her team of baking experts have been carefully crafting, icing, and baking cakes for the Greenville community since 2005. This shop offers custom creations with a boutique experience, not to mention their offering of cake decorating parties for all ages. Visit the shop or get in touch by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.