Between holiday parties and last minute gifts, this is definitely the time of year where the Whiskey Girls like to get in the kitchen and make some magic happen.
We’ve scoured the interwebs for great recipes for treats + booze and came up with a few that can only be made better by infusing the flavor of Whiskey Girl. On a responsible note, you’ll want to make sure everyone knows these are grown-up treats, and they should snack with a little restraint.
WHISKEY GIRL FUDGE
Adapted from: http://www.drinkinginamerica.com/whiskey-fudge/
Level: Simple. You got this.
- A double boiler
- A 13x9x2” pan
- Plastic wrap
- A knife
- 12 oz chocolate chips
- 1 cup Whiskey Girl Butterscotch (or whichever flavor you like)
- 2 lbs powdered sugar
- 1 cup chopped pecans (or walnuts)
- Melt chocolate chips in a microwave or double boiler, stirring frequently.
- As soon as chocolate is melted, mix Whiskey Girl with the powdered sugar in a large bowl, and add to the melted chocolate, stir well, add nuts.
- Turn into a 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan and cover with plastic wrap.
- This sets quickly, so you want to let it cool long enough to set but make sure it’s still warm enough to cut.
WHISKEY GIRL BALLS
Adapted from: http://www.savingdessert.com/2010/12/bourbon-balls/
Level: Still pretty simple, but having a food processor on hand will keep you from spending half an hour smashing cookies and nuts with a hammer.
- A Food Processor
- Mixing bowl
- Plate or pan for rolling in sugar
- 3 cups vanilla wafers, crushed
- 1 cup ground pecans
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 1 1/2 tbsp cocoa
- 3 tbsp corn syrup
- 1/4 cup Whiskey Girl Peach (or whichever flavor you like)
- Use the food processor and pulse the vanilla wafer and pecans into oblivion.
- Combine all the dry ingredients.
- Pour in the liquids and mix well.
- Form into balls and roll in powdered sugar.
- Let stand 1 hour and roll again.
- Store in airtight container in refrigerator.
Happy gifting from Whiskey Girl!
We’d love to see your creations, so please share on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram with #MyWhiskeyGirls!